Oregano oil is a beneficial preparation. Oregano is an herb that has antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic and antiviral properties. Its scientific name is vulgare Oregano and his name has Greek origin, meaning “joy of the mountains.” Its oil is used for cooking and for massage. The essential oil of oregano can be extracted from the leaves by distillation, obtaining the concentrated solution for medicinal and therapeutic purposes. However, its oil can be made from an infusion of oregano and oil.
– base oil
– fresh oregano
– jar with a lid
– meat tenderizer
1. Wash the fresh oregano and let it dry. Place it on a paper napkin and allow to dry.
2. Tap the oregano branches with meat tenderizer on a cutting board. Put it aside.
3. Heat 1 cup of oil until it gets slightly warm. Pour it into a glass container with a lid.
4. Place the oregano in the hot oil. Shake the bottle in order to mix the oregano with the oil.
5. Let it stand in the refrigerator for three days. Use it either for food preparation or for massage.