The scalp is like any other skin on the body: it is covered by sweat glands that produce oils that cause odor. The apocrine glands are found on the scalp surface. During periods of excessive heat or stress, these glands secrete oils which are decomposed by naturally occurring bacteria, which causes unwanted odor. Use a combination of coconut cream, coconut oil and other ingredients to remove the unpleasant smell.
– 3 tablespoons of lime juice
– plastic bowl
– 1 jar of coconut cream
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
– sulfate-free shampoo
1. Pour three tablespoons of lime juice into a plastic bowl. Add a jar of coconut cream and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. Combine the mixture and add 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
3. Mix the ingredients and use this when you take a shower.
4. Clean your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo. Apply the shampoo on your hair, concentrating on the scalp and rinse with fresh water.
5. Remove the excess water from your hair and apply the mask again, applying the product on the scalp.
6. Leave the mask on the hair for 10 minutes before rinsing with cool water. The mixture will neutralize the hair natural oils and will leave a fresh scent.