The solid perfume is so simple to make in the microwave, and it might be a good first experiment for children with a taste for science.
– 1 tablespoon of beeswax or Vaseline
– 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil or sweet almond oil
– 8-15 drops of essential oil for aromatherapy
– a small microwave-safe glass bowl
– a clean container 1/2 ounce (15 g)
1. Open the container and have it ready to pack your perfume.
2. Mix the beeswax or petroleum jelly with jojoba or almond oil. Try using a glass measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring.
3. Heat the mixture in the microwave in 20-second intervals, two or three times. Stir the mixture with a toothpick after every interval.
4. Stir the mixture and add essential oils. This should be about 1 teaspoon totally, but you can increase or decrease the amount to your preference.
5. Pour the perfume into the container. Leave the lid half-opened to prevent condensation and to minimize the possibility of contaminating your perfume.