The first sun rays and the explosion of snowdrops and hyacinths urges us to look closely in the mirror.
And to be satisfied with what we see, we could use some expert advice.
Here are 10 tips offered by a Dermatologist for a radiant skin:
1. First, cleanse your skin with gentle movements without rubbing it strongly.
2. Immediately after cleansing, apply a gentle scrub; to be sure it will not irritate your skin before peeling, apply a thin layer of oil or cream on your face. Massage with circular gentle movements, insisting in the T zone. Don’t avoid the lips and neck. Rinse and then wash with a soap-free gel using plenty of lukewarm water. Dab gently with a towel. The same scrub can be applied for your body, too.
3. After exfoliation, the skin is ready to receive a moisturizer. Choose carefully, opting for creams based on vegetable oils or other bases slightly greasy. The addition of alpha hydroxy acids would be ideal because they help restore skin cells.
Apply the cream in a thick layer, let it work for a few minutes, then remove excess with a cotton pad. You can apply face cream when you’re taking the shower because the humidity from around will turn it into a miracle for the skin.
4. Do the same with the body cream. To achieve maximum hydration, apply the cream to slightly damp skin within 3 minutes after a shower.
5. If your skin is not sensitive, before applying the cream you can opt for a tonic; best bet would be to apply only to the area prone to sebum accumulation.
6. In order to have smooth lips, go for Vaseline. It is the best and cheapest solution for dry and chapped lips. They will be repaired in seconds.
7. Use a cream based on vitamin K or a mixture of fruits that contain (avocado, plum, pear) to reduce the appearance of dark circles. This comes directly from blood vessels visible through the thin skin under the eyes.
8. You will quickly reduce the bags under the eyes if you apply on the periocular area a teaspoon or a tea bag. You can reduce periorbital edema by applying coffee on this area.
9. Finally, spray a thin layer of mineral water on the face.
10. For extra shine and health, sleep with a moisturizing mask applied to your face.