Dandruff is an annoying scalp disorder that causes itching. The itching is annoying enough itself, but when you scratch the scalp, those dreaded white flakes fall. Although dandruff is not a disease that threatens your life, it can be persistent and frustrating. You have two options. One way is to buy expensive products and the other is using economic and natural products that normally you have at home.
– a file
– a towel
– olive oil
– baby oil
– apple cider vinegar
– an astringent (Witch Hazel)
– cotton balls
– natural shampoo
1. Improve circulation. Brush your hair every day to improve circulation and to remove dandruff flakes. Crouch forward with your head down and brush the hair starting at the neck to the top of the head. Massage with your fingertips before or immediately after brushing in order to improve circulation.
2. Keep your scalp clean. There are several ways to naturally get rid of dandruff. Dilute one part apple cider vinegar in one part water and rub the scalp with cotton balls. Undiluted witch hazel can replace the vinegar solution if you have it at hand. If you prefer a soft method, use undiluted coconut oil. Massage the scalp with this oil using your fingertips, rinse with hot water (as hot as you can bear) for about 15 minutes. This method will keep your head free of dandruff for up to 6 months.
3. Change your eating habits. A well-balanced diet that includes raw vegetables and fruits helps keeping dandruff under control. Some of those who suffer this discomfort say that eating only fruit for a day, every three days, help curing dandruff.
4. When you wash your hair, do the final rinse with a mixture of water and a teaspoon of lemon juice. This will not only prevent the formation of dandruff but will also give the hair a really nice sheen.
5. Try a night treatment. Before bedtime, apply baby oil on the scalp. To protect the bedding sheets, cover your head with a towel. In the morning wash your hair with a natural shampoo. You may need to repeat this process several times until the dandruff disappears, but the effect will last for several months. There are two benefits of this cure: it will not burn your scalp and the baby oil is cheap.
Overnight treatment that is commonly used in India: Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of lemon juice and massage your scalp with the mixture before going to bed. Put a towel on your head to avoid contaminating the bedding. In the morning wash with a natural shampoo.
6. Relax. Believe it or not, stress and anxiety can be the causes of dandruff. Get enough sleep and don’t worry about trivial things.